Now that all 31 Mexican states are recognizing gay marriages performed in Mexico City, US political satirist Stephen Colbert jokes that he fears a “gay drain” to Canada and Mexico.
"Without them [gays], who will we turn to when we need a second-class group of citizens to marginalize? This mosque thing won’t last forever!” joked Colbert on last night’s Colbert Report.
He also joked that the US is the “straight meat in a big gay sandwich."
If you’re in Canada, click here to watch the clip from last night’s Colbert Report on the Comedy Network. If you’re in the US, you can watch the clip here on Comedy Central.
- Forget the ‘brain drain’: It’s all about the gay gain
- Canadian immigration’s outdated requirements
- Why more binational couples are coming to Canada
- Poz couples wins immigration case
- Married lesbian couple moved from LA to Halifax to live and love freely