During Bike to Work Week, the Ottawa Police have launched a ticketing blitz on all bikers who break the rules. If you are riding your bike on June 10 and 11 — beware.
The press release issued by the police reminds cyclists of the following rules:
· Stop at all stop signs and red lights.
· Cycle on the right side of the road.
· Ride only in the designated direction on one-way streets.
· It is illegal to ride on the sidewalk.
· Wear a helmet (required if under 18 years of age).
· Have a bell, gong, or horn on your bike.