So, this is it, huh? 2013 is coming to a close, and what a year it’s been: we spent numerous months arguing whether or not Miley Cyrus’s twerking was racist/sexist/the downfall of Western civilization, and then Amazon started delivering packages with drones. Not too shabby. Not too shabby . . .
[Image via CourtyardRestaurant.com]
Now it’s time to celebrate! But of course, if you don’t plan ahead and find a designated driver, things can go south really fast. Thankfully, if you’ve had a few too many drinks, the TTC has you covered.
According to Global News, the TTC is offering free rides tonight for New Year’s Eve, starting at 7pm. The GO Transit system, meanwhile, will be offering free service tonight (Dec 31) starting at 8pm until it begins service on the first of January.
A quick little rundown of the specifics for New Year’s service (via Global):
- Most routes with Monday-Friday late-evening service will continue until 4am, with the Blue Night Network operating from 4am to 9am.
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina line will leave Union Station at 3:30am for Finch Station and 3:34am for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth line will leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37am for Kipling Station and at 3:37am for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT line will leave Kennedy Station at 4:07am for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard line will leave Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58am for Don Mills Station.
Remember, it’s great to go out and have fun with friends. But don’t put yourself or others in harm’s way by driving inebriated. Know your limits and have a good, solid plan if you (or friends) cross those limits. Happy new year!