With destinations ranging from San Francisco to far-flung Mossel Bay in South Africa, the Preferred Hotel Group has launched “Preferred Pride,” a resource to find LGBT-friendly hotels and resorts, with a special focus on the season of Pride celebrations.
More than 90 hotels and resorts (33 newly added this year) are on the roster of accommodations offering a package that includes “best available rate” and a special “property-specific amenity,” among other benefits (check each hotel for specifics).
Here are a few recent additions to the Preferred Pride program:
- Il Salviatino — Florence, Italy: Set in the city that defined the Renaissance, this restored hillside villa combines modern conveniences and indulgences with Old World charm. Gay hotspots are a quick drive away.
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor — Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: With butler service and rooftop terrace, this retrofitted hotel is a glamorous getaway close to a variety of attractions, including Copacabana Beach, where the annual Pride parade happens.
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa — Manalapan (Palm Beach), Florida, US: Based at this modern, five-star resort, guests can enjoy daytime spa treatments and sunbathing on the private beach and nighttime excursions to various popular LGBT clubs and bars.
- Hesperia Madrid — Madrid, Spain: A 15-minutes walk from Chueca, where the Pride festivities take place, this hotel boasts memorable opportunities, from enjoying drinks on the rooftop terrace to dining at the two-Michelin-starred Santceloni. Read our travel feature on Madrid.
- Buddha Bar Hotel Paris — Paris, France: This historically rich 18th-century townhouse offers 56 rooms and private transportation to Place de la Bastille, where a dance party will conclude this year’s Pride march.
Here’s a selection of upcoming parades and festivals in locations with Preferred Pride hotels: