* 77 percent of trans Ontarians have seriously considered suicide.
* 50 percent of trans Ontarians have seriously considered suicide because of being trans.
* 43 percent of trans Ontarians have attempted suicide at some point in their lives.
* In the past year, 47 percent of trans Ontarians aged 16 to 24 have seriously considered suicide and 19 percent have attempted suicide, whereas for those aged 25 and older, 27 percent have considered it and 7 percent have attempted.
* 20 percent of trans Ontarians have been the targets of physical or sexual assaults for being trans at some point in their lives, and 34 percent have experienced verbal harassment or threats for being trans. Those who have been assaulted are twice as likely to have seriously considered suicide in the past year than those who have not (47 percent as compared to 26 percent), and more than seven times more likely to have made a suicide attempt (29 percent as compared to 4 percent).
* The survey found no differences in recent suicidal considerations or attempts between trans people on the male-to-female and female-to-male spectrums, or between members of racialized and non-racialized groups.