– Friends with benefits may have more benefits than you think: A study presented by Social Psychology and Personality Science argues that those who engaged in casual sex “typically reported higher well-being after having casual sex compared to not having casual sex.” (via Queerty)
– The Centers for Disease Control in the United States is recommending a new test that detects HIV antibodies up to four weeks faster than previous testing methods. (via HuffPo/Reuters)
– The CDC also recently published a study stating that biphobia experienced by bisexual men puts them at a higher risk for STIs. (Via The Advocate)
– John Waters is promoting his new book, Carsick, about his trip across America, using only his thumb and generous passersby. He spoke with The Huffington Post about it and The New York Times reviews it, as well as speaks with the film auteur/author about it.
– And actress Samira Wiley talks to BuzzFeed about how her Orange Is the New Black character, Poussey, has become a central part of the latest season of OITNB.