The House of Commons has risen for the winter break, and MPs will spend the next six weeks in their ridings.
Out queer Liberal MPs Scott Brison, Mario Silva and Rob Oliphant, and NDP MPs Bill Siksay and Libby Davies have all had a busy fall. They’ve taken on everything from international trade files, to an investigation into anti-Semitism in Canada, and a private members’ bill on a national housing strategy.
Xtra.ca’s federal politics reporter Dale Smith spoke to these MPs about the status of their current projects, and what they’ll be up to over the winter break.
- Rob Oliphant talks about his trip to Italy as veteran affair’s critic
- Libby Davies updates us on the status of her housing bill
- Bill Siksay on what the Ethics Committee has been up to
- Scott Brison talks about trade issues
- Mario Silva talks about his role on the panel examining anti-Semitism
Check out Dale Smith’s Hill Queeries blog every weekday for a look at what’s buzzing on Parliament Hill.