Work with us
Come work with us – we’re an awesome organization that makes a difference, works hard, and still knows how to have fun!
Founded in 1971 to advance the struggle for sexual liberation, Pink Triangle Press is Canada’s leading LGBT media organization. PTP publishes Xtra at dailyxtra.com, the travel website DailyXtraTravel.com, and also operates the gay adult dating website Squirt.org and the GuySpy app.
We believe in flexibility, and the celebration of individuality here at PTP — and we think our organizational culture reflects that! We have a casual dress code, a friendly atmosphere, and where the position permits we have flexible hours. We believe in being good at what we do and working hard — but that fun can be had along the way.
You do not need to be a part of the LGBT community in order to work here — allies are absolutely welcome to apply. PTP is committed to Employment Equity, and to providing a fair and equitable work environment. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, those living with disabilities, and people who are visible minorities.
PTP is committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
If you’re looking for freelancer opportunities, please visit our Contribute page.
ONLINE MEDIA PLANNER (Toronto)
Pink Triangle Press is looking for an Online Media Planner to drive quality traffic to PTP’s websites. This position is responsible for identifying the best mix of media channels to deliver advertising messages to the Press’ target audience to produce maximum exposure, within budget.
If you are the right person for this role, you are able to achieve and exceed monthly and annual targets of the following metrics in regards to overall traffic and traffic type; including but not limited to: site visits, membership, revenue, bounce rate, CPA, ROI, and registration conversation rate.
You will have additional proven skills and experience including, but not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining, analyzing, and successfully applying media and traffic generation trends, best practices and strategies in the online industry (with special attention to the gay and lesbian industry) to drive quality traffic to PTP websites
- Analyzing and researching the target audience’s character, purchasing, and media habits
- Presenting media proposals, including timings and cost breakdowns, helping the Press to reach a final decision about their future advertising strategy
- Managing budgets and maintaining advertising spend records
- Monitoring and analyzing competition for media, PR, SEO, SEM and traffic generation activities
- Utilizing tools (including but not limited to: Google, Bing, Facebook, and tier II and III search engines and traffic generators) to drive quality traffic
- Expanding and optimizing SEO and SEM keyword lists
- Identifying key performance indicators related to media, and online traffic generation activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of online marketing, e-commerce, marketing communication
- Proven strong analytical acumen and experience
- Proven success of managing online campaigns, media relation and traffic generation
- Knowledge of internet industry (interactivity, connectivity, e-commerce and enterprise)
- Experience with web tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing ads, Traffic generator tools
- Knowledge of sexual politics and history
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
Note that the ideal person for this role will be comfortable working with and around sexually explicit products and material
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org