Visitors to WorldPride 2014 in Toronto can take advantage of a range of special exclusive attractions. Additionally, those visiting from aboard may be enticed to stick around and tour other Canadian locales, with several very Canadian adventures on offer.
The offerings are part of the festival’s official Travel and Tour Program, offered by Toronto-based Rainbow High Vacations. The travel agency has launched a new website with all the details, from tickets for exclusive events to deals on day trips.
A few of the exclusive attractions:
- Rooftop Condo Dinner: While preparing a leisurely five-course dinner, a host chef regales diners with stories of life in the Canadian north and details of his culinary masterpieces. Beneath a canopy of stars, the rooftop setting affords an impressive view of Toronto’s skyline, complete with the CN Tower lit up in rainbow colours.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Celebrity Cruise: For a unique aquatic adventure check out OUTtv’s Official RuPaul’s Drag Race Celebrity Cruise. Folks board the Northern Spirit for in the company of the favourites from season six of RuPaul’s Drag Race. The favourites give live performances, and are available for a meet and greet and photo opportunities.
- Mystery Date Night: Based on a few details provided to Rainbow High, revellers are matched up with blind-dates for dinner. Lubricated with two complimentary martinis apiece, the couples should be ready for the mystery and excitement to increase as they embark on a meal that takes place in total darkness.
Canadian tours include:
- Giants of the Arctic: Hearty souls fly to Nunuvut for eight days and seven nights. With the guidance of local hunters and fishermen, travellers enjoy snorkeling and diving, and such breathtaking sights as icebergs, migrating pods of whales, polar bears and seals.
- Oh Canada, Eh: For a thorough dousing in Canadiana, folks travel to Canada’s capital, Ottawa, to enjoy Canada Day festivities. This package includes a welcome dinner at Le Café in Canada’s National Arts Centre, a tour of Parliament hill and lots of Canadian pride.
- Women’s Niagara Golf and Wine Adventure: Departing from Toronto’s gay village, women head to the Niagara Region to enjoy wine tours and tastings at two local wineries, luxury accommodations, spa treatments and downtime in calming, summery surroundings.
For a complete list of exclusive attractions and Canadian tours, visit the WorldPride Travel and Tour Program website.
For more information on WorldPride 2014 visit the festival website.